Monday, August 8, 2011

MOUNTAIN MADNESS (A QuickShare)

As I was in the midst of writing one of my blogs, Arms Around A Mountain, I thought about a time in my life when I had so many mountains, it seemed like mountain madness! Many mountains (incest, abuse, loss of a parent) brought pain, sorrow and hopelessness, therefore I didn’t want to climb another one, and I just wanted it gone! I became exhausted with life and depression set in with a suicide attempt along for the ride. It was no mountain to climb because the mountain had landed right on my head and crushed me. It seemed as if I was a cartoon character where you could see my feet dangling out from under the mountain and birds flying around it. The difference was this was my life and it wasn’t funny. There was only the darkness inside the box in which I resided.  

In my adulthood, I began to embrace my mountains of abusive relationships, self-destructive behaviors (low self-esteem) and self-indulging sins. I made every excuse in the book from it was “fun” to “he” was going through a tough time when he pushed my head in the mirror. It was not because they [mountains] made me happy- of course not, but because I didn’t know that there was One who could completely move the mountains for me! God has the ability to move the mountains in your life just trust and believe!

Take a long look at the picture above. Can you imagine having your arms around that mountain? You would have to be Stretch Armstrong in order to do that impossible feat yet we have our arms wrapped around all of the things that keep us from experiencing a truly good life. When we hold onto these things, we can suffer the consequences of our choices. For example, a drug addict, once delivered, still has the damages done to their body from the drugs or staying in an abusive relationship prevents God from sending you the Man of Valor He has for you. I’m not denying the need for counseling, rehab or any of the sorts but Jesus came to give life and life more abundantly! You don’t have to live life beneath the dirt of the world. Let God pry your arms from around every mountain that is keeping you from experiencing His best for you! I encourage you today to do things God’s way. I’m “write” [right] here before you, restored and delivered; alcohol free, abuse free and knowing who I am in Christ! I am experiencing true joy and you can too!

Praise Be to God and With God’s Love,
Dee-Dee McDuffie
8/8/2011 [see blog Arms Around A Mountain]

Practical Applications: 
Salvation
is not a mountain - it’s a free gift given to us from God through His Son Jesus Christ. Jesus sacrificed Himself, so that we may experience a good life- joy, hope, peace, prosperity, love, comfort, healing, contentment, and safety….and on and on! It’s a decision that you can make today. Just believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and accept Him into your heart today. Don’t try and fill that space in your life that is reserved for God with nothing else but Him! I am a living testimony to you that it is well worth it!
Get Rooted
 in a Bible-practicing church - your “set” place in the Kingdom of God. A church where you can worship with like believers and grow in your faith. Find a place where there is a balance of preaching and teaching. But most of all get rooted with God! Study, meditate, internalize and obey God’s Word!
Prayer Works!
Prayer simply is the communication between you and God. God didn’t lose His hearing when you’ve prayed according to His perfect will for your life, so therefore, prayer works; just keep expecting that mountain to be moved!
Know Who You Are In Christ
There are times when low self-esteem (and other self-destructive habits) has taken root so deep in us and our guards are up like Fort Knox that we have a hard time believing the Word of God. God is not a man that He would lie; He is trustworthy and dependable! His blessings are available for you too!
It’s a Process
 Things may not seem to change overnight, but remember your walk is a process. It will take times of making mistakes, but repentance is key. It will be times of wondering, but wisdom is available. There will be times of not knowing, but God is able. There will be times you will be doubtful, but He is trustworthy! I encourage you to not give up; don’t back down and don’t give in! Jesus has already overcome the world!
Do Your Part
 Do you need to stop hanging around the same people or going to certain places? Sometimes, you need to just walk away from some things and towards others. Have you considered Christian counseling or a Christian doctor? Fast and pray through the tough times, and stay focused on God! You’ll gain more than you will ever lose!
Scripture Meditations:
John 3:16; Matthew 17:20 (AMP); Matthew 18: 11-13 (AMP); Luke 3:5 (KJV); Zechariah 4:7; Matthew 21:21; Mark 11:23; Hebrews 12:18; Galatians 6:9; Numbers 23:19; 1 Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment