Monday, August 15, 2011

A FUGITIVE

Fugitive (www.biblegateway.com) [partial]: Ezek. 17:21, one who has broken away in flight (Heb. mibrah); Isa. 15:5; 43:14, a breaker away, a fugitive (Heb. beriah), one who flees away. All rights reserved. Eastons 1897 Bible Dictionary

As I was conversing with co-workers one morning, one of them asked, “Dolores do you go to church?” As I pondered his question for a few seconds I responded. “Well, yes I go all the time, but if you are asking me am I a Christian, then yes I am.” Quickly he responded, “Well, I was just asking do you have a specific religion?” “No. I am non-denominational, I am a Christian- I follow Christ. I was raised Baptist, but now I’m non-denominational.” I replied. “That’s not easy to do…” my other co-worker chimed in. As I thought about it for a second in my mind, I told myself - “not really, it’s eas….” I caught myself mid-sentence and realized that it’s not easy to follow Christ to an unbeliever because they don’t believe. Some just don’t feel it’s necessary while others’ feel they should be able to do whatever they want, and yet others don't believe there is even a God.  But, as believers [one who follows Christ and his teachings and believes the Word of God as truth] grow and mature, it’s not easy for us either at times, but it is a choice that we make daily - to flee from all unrighteousness and pursue what is good. 

Later that evening, after I returned home from the course of the day, I pondered upon our conversation once again. As I began to write about my day, the show in the background caught my attention. “She’s a fugitive!” ….was blurted out of the television. I looked up from my laptop and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I’m a fugitive! I immediately thought about how there are two types of fugitives in our world figuratively speaking. People who are on the run or fleeing from God and people who are fleeing from Satan. 

So here I am a fugitive! I made a choice [with the “pulling” or “wooing” of the Holy Spirit] to run from Satan’s residence [Hell - eternal damnation], and accept in my heart Jesus as my Lord and Savior [Heaven- eternal life]. Daily, I decide to follow Christ [and His teachings] and “run” [fight the good fight of faith] from Satan’s lies, bondage, deceit, trickery and debauchery. I choose to allow God, not Satan to run my life! I once too was in darkness with drinking, smoking and drugs; destroying God’s temple. I too, succumbed to Satan’s bondages of abusive relationships and low self-esteem. I succumbed to anger, resentment and hatred in my heart toward others’. I also felt the shame and guilt of my youth and had very little hope for my future. A suicide attempt proved that I had very little hope for my future! I too succumbed to foul language as my primary language and gossip as my secondary one. I also succumbed to a poverty mentality and the other negative traits of my bloodline - discontentment, lying and deceit. I succumbed to the brutal treatment of the Enemy. Now, I submit to God’s way by the leading of the Holy Spirit. I receive His Forgiveness, Grace and Mercy; I receive an intimate relationship with the Most High and most of all receive His deliverance, restoration and refinement! I receive peace, joy, wisdom, favor, rest and much more! Praise be to the Most High!

I encourage you today to be a fugitive on the run from Satan and into the arms of the Most High! He’s able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that you could ask or think! There is peace with God - joy, love, healing, contentment, prosperity [financial peace] and much more! Decide today to do it God’s way! Live life abundantly through Jesus Christ - Lord and Savior. 

Praise Be to God and With God’s love,
Dee-Dee McDuffie
08/15/11
014
Scripture Meditations
Psalm 23, 68, 112, 118
James 4:7 New International Version (NIV)7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
1 Timothy 6:11-16
Amplified Bible (AMP)
11But as for you, O man of God, flee from all these things; aim at and pursue righteousness (right standing with God and true goodness), godliness (which is the loving fear of God and being Christlike), faith, love, steadfastness (patience), and gentleness of heart. 12Fight the good fight of the faith; lay hold of the eternal life to which you were summoned and [for which] you confessed the good confession [of faith] before many witnesses. 13In the presence of God, Who preserves alive all living things, and of Christ Jesus, Who in His testimony before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I [solemnly] charge you 14To keep all His precepts unsullied and flawless, irreproachable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Anointed One), 15Which [appearing] will be shown forth in His own proper time by the blessed, only Sovereign (Ruler), the King of kings and the Lord of lords, 16Who alone has immortality [in the sense of exemption from every kind of death] and lives in unapproachable light, Whom no man has ever seen or can see. Unto Him be honor and everlasting power and dominion. Amen (so be it).

No comments:

Post a Comment