Tuesday, August 2, 2011

ARMS AROUND A MOUNTAIN

When I was on my ‘homeless’ tour [displaced from Hurricane Katrina] I had the awesome opportunity to travel west across the United States. I relished at the beauty of the sun-kissed land and enormous green trees across the states. The beauty of rich brown horses and black cows grazing amongst the countryside brought joy to my spirit. I drove pass hundreds of miles of corn fields and amazingly beautiful barns, as farmers atop over-sized plows tended their fields. The most amazing state became apparent to me as the beautiful snow-capped mountains became visibly clear upon arrival. The crisp clean air with decreasing temperatures and babbling flowing rivers revealed to me that I had arrived in Colorado. I will never forget those amazingly beautiful mountains. They seemed to expand as far as the eye could see in every direction. The tips of the mountains seemed to touch the skies and peek through the clouds. It was boundless serenity. I loved it! I was in awe of     God’s magnificent beauty of work.  

Those beautiful mountains were brought back to memory when I was gently reminded [through another believer] that God was moving a mountain out of my life, which had been there for many years. It was blocking the things He specifically had in store for me - His good blessings. He was clearing the clutter; the debris. I could literally visualize a huge mountain just being moved completely out of the way as if it were on wheels. I was able to walk straight forward, not having to go around or even through it because it wasn’t there anymore! I had the faith in God that He would move this mountain for me. A couple of days later, I re-evaluated what was spoken to me. As I began to ponder upon it, I was troubled by the fact that I was unsure of which mountain! I immediately searched scripture in my mind. Jesus teaches us that all we need is to have faith the size of a mustard seed to move the “mountains” [obstacles] in our lives and nothing will be impossible for us. I became even more troubled because my faith was there. I believed, without any doubt that God would do what He promised, so why wasn’t this particular mountain moved already? I didn’t seem to think I had many mountains in my life, so which one was it? Did I even recognize that it was a mountain? Was I in denial of it being a mountain? Could it be just a test of my faith? So I asked, “Lord, I believe so what is the problem; which mountain?”

The Holy Spirit spoke without hesitation, “You have your arms around this mountain, holding on - I can’t move it, unless you let go [or you‘ll just move with it].” Can you imagine this? - Our arms can’t even fit around a small pebble on a mountain, yet we have our arms wrapped around ungodly relationships, self-indulging sins, self-destructive behaviors; selfish dreams, poverty mentalities and all things that prevent us from receiving God’s best for us - mountains! I immediately asked God to help pry my arms off of my mountain and immediately move it for me! Deliverance came like the dawn! I felt an immediate sense of peace come over me as I let go of something that I had been holding on to for years! I believe now, God’s purpose for me has become more evident and His blessings are flowing like the rivers of Colorado!  I thought about how such a wonderful Father would always overtake [overwhelm] me with His good blessings and move the mountains in my life!

What are some of the mountains in your life right now? I encourage you today to unwrap your arms from around the mountains of ungodly relationships, sins and behaviors that are blocking the flow of your river from God (peace, joy, etc.). Allow Him to remove the clutter (lack of self-control, denial, other people, etc) - the debris and watch Him do the supernatural in your life! What God has done for me, He will do for you! Believe in Him today through His son Jesus Christ and don’t go back the same way! The faith you need can barely be seen with the naked eye! Get excited because all of His promises are for you too! Place your trust and put your hope in the Most High! Mountains be moved! In the mighty name of Jesus!

Praise Be to God and With God’s Love,
Dee-Dee McDuffie
012/ 8/1/2011
P.S. I encourage you to read my coming QuickShare blog: Mountain Madness, it will supply some practical applications for you to get started on the road to having God move your mountains!

Scripture Meditations:
Matthew 17:20 (AMP)
He said to them, Because of the littleness of your faith [that is, your lack of firmly relying trust]. For truly I say to you, if you have faith [ that is living] like a grain of mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, Move from here to yonder place, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

Matthew 18:11-13 (AMP)
11For the Son of man came to save [from the penalty of eternal death] that which was lost. 12What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray and gets lost, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountain and go in search of the one that is lost? 13And if it should be that he finds it, truly I say to you, he rejoices more over it than over the ninety-nine that did not get lost.

Luke 3:5 (KJV)Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;

More: Zechariah 4:7; Matthew 21:21; Mark 11:23; Hebrews 12:18

No comments:

Post a Comment