Thursday, January 5, 2012

HIS PURE GLOW


     The following poem was birthed from a memory in my past.  A guy that I was dating asked me to have his baby. I guess that was the "I love you so much that I want this" line for that time- I believe today it still is.   During that time, I immediately thought - What?! Is he crazy?! Neither one of us even have a decent job- I'm not married! But I've learned most times, people will say anything to get what they lust after - sex.  This is not the  true love that the Bible gives us as a foundation of what love is.  And nothing will ever compare to the love of God that is available to us all.
     Well although it didn't happen with him, I did eventually have a child out of wedlock.  Although my daughter is a gift from God, the way I went about having her caused much grief in my life that could have been prevented.  I believe, no - I know if I would have waited, things would have been much better for all of us. 
     God wants to protect, provide, love and instruct us  yet we must participate.  My daughter is never a regret, but the insight, wisdom and provision that I could have received from God and the structure of a godly marriage would have been a true blessing.  Moreso, knowing that I raised my child in a godly home would have brought much peace and insight into my parenting skills.  Now, it's not easy to speak to her about things that I did myself, but wanting her to wait for marriage I stand on the Word of God and recieve His forgiveness and grace,  regardless of the condemnation I felt at the beginning of my salvation.   I speak to her with authority and boldness, pray and believe knowing God will oversee her entire life.  I praise God there is no condemnation in Jesus Christ and God Himself gives us the power through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior to live for Him.  God is worth it and so are you!  Be blessed!
_____________________________________

To have his baby
Why should this be?
I think to myself-  who’s looking out for me?
So I say, I don’t think so…..
Yet you keep asking, so I say maybe so
Yet I think to myself
 I need love so why can't it be?
 I need love from somewhere just for me...

To have his baby
Why should this be?
Do you not know who’s now looking out for me?
I've come to know and I dare to share
My body belongs to the Most High
So your tempting offer I must deny
So again I say I don’t think so….
Yet you keep asking, do you not know?

To have his baby
Why should this be?
I know for myself who’s looking out for me
I once was lost
But now I have found
A gift from the Lord is a baby making sounds
But even in this
I still must deny
Because my body belongs to the Most High
To have his baby
Why should this be?
Do you not know my God will supply for me?!

A Man of Valor whom I am to marry
I wait for him because I carry
All the glow that you see
It’s My God, My Savior and He’s looking out for me!
So no more asking, I’ve closed my ears to you
They are the doorway to my heart
And it’s reserved for another
No, not even based upon the words of my own mother!
I guard my heart with vengeance
Why can’t you see?
You refuse to know who’s looking out for me

Oh! My daughter, hear Me now
Since you have committed to My ways
I’m so proud now
I send him quickly as he is from Me
Yes, The Father is looking out for thee!

Yes, My daughter, I recognized when you called
You’ve guarded my gift to him, a true love above all
A man of valor shall be given unto you
A love beyond measure through and through

As you two now become one,
I command be fruitful and multiply
A desire that your heart cannot possibly deny
One, two, three your children shall come
Into your bosom as you and your husband are one
Yes, My daughter now everyone can see
It is Your Father looking out for thee!

Be Blessed with God's exponential love,
Dee-Dee McDuffie
01/2012/01
See Proverbs 31, Galatians 5:22,  1 Corthians 6: 12-20, Romans 8: 5-10 {NIV}
*a special thanks to R.F.L - a true man of valor! Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment