Friday, July 22, 2011

RESIDUAL EFFECTS

I’m feeling the residual effects of you
Just when I thought I could start anew
You’ve yanked the cord of me back to you again
The pain returns once more to bend
My heart in places I don’t want to go anymore
Its as if I hadn’t closed that door

Crying is something I know to well
He’s bottled my tears so that I could tell
others’ of the hurt and pain to avoid
He’s the One who can fill the void
But you’ve yanked the cord of me back to you again
The pain returns once more to bend
My heart in places I don’t want to go anymore
Its as if I hadn’t closed that door

So here I am wondering what to do
Have I not severed the cord of you?
“No, not completely” I hear the Holy Spirit say
“Allow me to sever, you won’t go back in anyway”
So I call upon the name of the Most High
The one I recall that you choose to deny
So here I am ready to start anew
Yet I feel the residual effects of you

“Father, help me to completely depend on You!
I'm sitting here wanting to close that door
don't allow him to hurt me anymore... "
I cry in sheer joy at the sound of Your voice
I remember that I've made the choice
to allow You to help when I call upon the Most High
“Thank you Father,” as You draw nigh
“Now I have severed the cord of you
and I will wipe away the residue ….”

Praise Be to God and With God's Love
Dee-Dee McDuffie
010
07/22/11

No comments:

Post a Comment