Monday, June 6, 2011

A LOG TURNED INTO A CABIN


I used to love watching Home and Garden Television on cable. One show in particular, Log Cabins, portrayed how a beautiful lavish log cabin started out as one simple beam of wood. The show revealed the process of building the cabin which was relatively slow because of the interference of weather, materials, etc. Although each episode was only an hour, you could travel through the four seasons as you watched them fully complete one house, which began as a log. I was reminded of this show during a brief encounter with a woman.
As I was speaking with her, I realized how her speech was very negative. She looked for and found something negative in everything, especially people. When she did acknowledge that she had some issues, the blame went to someone else or had excuses attached. Later that evening, as I was thinking about how she irritated me, I thought of the scripture: Matthew 7:3-5 that says, “3Why do you stare from without at the very small particle that is in your brother's eye but do not become aware of and consider the beam of timber that is in your own eye? 4Or how can you say to your brother, Let me get the tiny particle out of your eye, when there is the beam of timber in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first get the beam of timber out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the tiny particle out of your brother's eye. (Amp)
A beam of timber…a log.
Still irritated, the Holy Spirit reminded me of how I was delivered from this same issue. He gently reminded me of how I used to blame everyone else too, had a tendency to find the negative in others’, but never accepted that I was a negative person. My mouth was negative, my thoughts were negative, my actions (or reactions) were negative. I spent most of my time, like her, being negative. I thought about (because of my own experience) how this type of behavior blocks the flow of God in our lives.

I recalled what brought my deliverance about and what God had done for me. One evening, as I was in deep meditation, the Holy Spirit spoke, saying that in order for me to grow and become all God has called me to be, there were some things that needed to be admitted and addressed. So, I began, “I am judgmental, a manipulator, a slanderer…” and it went on. I cried so hard that I thought my heart was going to pop out my chest! He revealed to me this type of behavior was displeasing in God’s sight no matter how I tried to previously justify it
(1). I heard the small still quiet voice say, “I’m here.” I cried uncontrollably as He continued, “I love you”. I knew then God loved me enough to help me and I needed His help! “Don’t leave me like this!” I yelled in tears. I had a desire to have permanent change because my actions didn’t line up with Truth. I was then reminded of His promises of deliverance (2). I immediately began regimens taught by my spiritual father including biblical fasting, prayer and just shutting up! Again, I admitted that I needed to change, so that my Father in Heaven could help me change. Next, I sought practical ways to implement those necessary changes including changing my thought pattern, speech, friends and surroundings.

When I finished pondering upon my own deliverance, I had an understanding of her current situation. It is difficult for her to be delivered because her log had turned into a cabin. She has been saved for many years but because she built her log cabin of slander, discord and judgment, one log at a time, it was now (not luxurious) a cabin full of negativity. Along the way, just like me, the weather of life aided in building her cabin, so much that she can no longer see what is within her, but only the “specks of sawdust” in others’.
My immediate prayer was, “Lord, how can we help her?”
The response: "Be transparent."
(3) So here today, I’m “write” [right] before you because I too had that same problem. I encourage you today to not allow each log of negativity through your speech or thought, turn into a cabin that blocks the flow of God in your life. Wake up! Arise! Become all God has called you to be! He can deliver you, just like He did for me! It may take time to crush the house that you’ve built around yourself, but God is a wrecking ball ready and willing to destroy that old cabin and give you a new luxurious one! Change is necessary to receive a consistent flow of God’s blessings in your life! I look forward to hearing your testimonies as I was just transparent with mine!

Praise be to God and With God’s Love,
Dee-Dee McDuffie
003
6/6/2011

Scripture Meditations:
(1)
Proverbs 10:18 (AMP)
18He who hides hatred is of lying lips, and he who utters slander is a [self-confident] fool.1 Corinthians 6:10 (AMP)
Nor cheats (swindlers and thieves), nor greedy graspers, nor drunkards, nor foulmouthed revilers and slanderers, nor extortioners and robbers will inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God.
Colossians 3:8 (AMP)
But now put away and rid yourselves [completely] of all these things: anger, rage, bad feeling toward others, curses and slander, and foulmouthed abuse and shameful utterances from your lips!
(2) Psalm 32:7 (AMP)
You are a hiding place for me; You, Lord, preserve me from trouble, You surround me with songs and shouts of deliverance. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
Psalm 35:9 (AMP)
Then I shall be joyful in the Lord; I shall rejoice in His deliverance.

 (3)
Revelation 12:11 (KJV) 11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death































1 comment: